Monday, March 17, 2008

Self Direction - FINALLY!

As of March 1st Jeff's Self Direction program was approved!! I can't believe everything we've had to go through to make this come about. Gee, it only took A YEAR!!! The paper work was and is endless. This program is supposed to be all about the individual . . . well, after months and months of red tape and paperwork, we've finally gotten to the point where it can be about the individual - Jeff. Last Friday Jeff's recreation therapist, Dennis Cox, came to take him swimming. I know Jeff had a good time. I don't know about poor Dennis though. Jeff broke a toilet lid in the bathroom of Sports Academy. I'd warned Dennis about having to watch Jeff closely in the bathroom, especially the toilet lids. He said it was his fault and he'd not make that mistake again. Other than that, I guess things went well. At least he didn't quit. Dennis said he wishes he could communicate better with Jeff and I assured him that would come. I am still looking for 2 or 3 other people to work with Jeff. This is a slow process and I'm constantly being taught patience.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I think it's awesome you started a blog for Jeff! It will be fun to see your updates as they come.

Love, Kristin & family

Jeffrey W. Baker said...

Thanks Kristin. Please note that I changed the blog address to jeffbakersjourney. Also, I hope it was okay that I added your link to our site. Love, Mom